Use these steps if you want to use a Rubric to grade a Bongo video assignment.
To create a Bongo rubric you must first create a Bongo video assignment in your course. Once you have created your video assignment you will have access to the Rubric area in Bongo.
- Enter your Video assignment in LEARN and change your grade type to Rubric. Once you do this, a new option will appear to the right of the grade type that will allow you to select an already created rubric or access the Configure rubrics area to create a new rubric.
- To create a new rubric in Bongo, click on the 3 dots to the far right and choose Configure rubrics from the list of options.
- On the configure rubrics page you will see a large plus sign in the bottom right hand corner, click this and choose create a rubric.
- Enter a rubric name and fill in your rubric criteria and point values.
- Click save once done.
- Using the Bongo navigation along the top, click on your assignment name to return to the main assignment page.
- To select the rubric for a specific assignment, change the grade type to rubric.
- Click on the Rubric link on the right hand side and choose the newly created rubric. This rubric will now be used to grade this video assignment.
- This same rubric can also be selected for Peer review and Self-assessment if used as the grade type for the assignment.
Note: Only use whole numbers when creating your rubric, using half points (e.g. 1.5) will save but can lead to issues when the grade is pushed from Bongo to the LEARN gradebook.